Free flight to Sydney for best innovative IoT use of D4 Secure on a Raspberry Pi. Open to everyone, you don’t need to be a hacker to use D4. Any Linux system builder should be able to create something cool with great security built in. Interested? Read below for details…
Cog Systems’ D4 Secure platform helps device makers create amazingly feature rich and secure devices for the Internet of Things (IoT). Our D4 Secure platform provides a rich SDK and platform ecosystem built around micro-virtualization and security. We’ve used it to create a simple and easy-to-use system for community experimentation on the Raspberry Pi, known as Project Golden Gate. Over the coming weeks and months, we are rolling out new features into Project Golden Gate that allow developers to leverage micro-virtualization and great security so that they can create amazing innovative platforms.
Today we are kicking-off a community challenge focused around security and innovation with Project Golden Gate. Our goal is to enable developers to experiment with securing a existing monolithic Linux stack, experimenting with AWS Greengrass, and basics of micro-virtualization in a pre-configured system. The Raspberry Pi platform with D4 Secure is immune to many attacks including those from Meltdown, Spectre, and many remote code exploits that impact other systems. With security taken care of, we hope you have fun and create something amazing.
For those that are interested in doing more, such as creating a rich device with their own custom micro-VMs, then please contact Cog directly for an SDK.
The most creative or innovative use of D4 Secure on a Raspberry Pi for a cool IoT use case or application.
- To help you get started, a free Raspberry Pi 3B (or equivalent value) for the first 100 active subscribers that register at Cog’s community portal.
- The best as voted by Cog will receive a free return flight to Sydney for dinner with the team at Cog and sightseeing. Final submissions (via community portal forum) close on February 23rd. The Cog team will announce a winner March 1st. More information about this is available at community portal forums shortly.
- Home or industrial automation/control gateways with secure VPN protection.
- Private cloud storage appliance
- Interactive kiosk
- Gateway appliance for protecting the home/enterprise network
- anything you think of that you want to protect from network-based attacks…