Cog is hiring a Customer-Facing Software Engineer in Chicago, United States.
At Cog, We Secure IoT. Cog is a young cyber-security software product company with amazing products and technology. We work with device makers all over the world, to help them build in better security, resiliency and functional richness into their next generation connected mobile, IoT, and embedded devices. This is where cyber security matters – in every connected device.
Cog is looking for a Software Engineer — Customer-Facing to propel the core technology that enables automatic code generation. We are seeking highly motivated and skilled Software Engineers that love interacting and working with customers that are building great security into their exciting products.
In addition, a passion for low-level kernel and operating systems development, embedded systems, security, mobile and virtualization technology is a big plus too.
Are you excited by an opportunity to join a team to not just work, but to be part of a company creating exciting cyber security, mobile and embedded software products and services? If so, apply now!
- Support our customers globally through phone and online systems in a timely manner
- Build and maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance
- Identify product improvements and process improvements
- Travel to customer sites when required to work with customers to resolve issues and integrate new software releases
- Analyzing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and providing solutions to software product problems and questions
- Help drive quick response times globally
- Sc in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus)
- Rapid Leaner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- Understanding global customer needs and relating to customer satisfaction
- Strong experience with assembler-level programming and Python
- Process and people focused and enthusiasm for problem solving
- Strong experience with operating system internals and low-level device drivers
- Ability to work on and understand large software systems.
- Problem identification and process management skills
- Dedication to effective teamwork is essential.
- Excellent communicator, understands the internal as well as external customer focus
- Easily adaptable, flexible, able to work well under pressure and manage critical situations
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice