Cog is looking for a Senior Engineer to propel the core technology that enables automatic code generation. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled compiler engineer with strong software engineering skills and experience in Formal Methods and Languages in particular Domain Specific Language (DSL).
As a member of a team of compilation and language design specialists, you will contribute to the evolution of our protocol Languages, both in terms of language features and language performance. This position requires a strong commitment to performance, leadership and collaboration. This is an opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career goals while working with a top-notch team.
- Improve debug support in the tools
- Improve tools ease of use
- Develop infrastructure
- Develop formal language specifications and semantics
- Engage with internal customers and deliver features/updates/answers to support their needs
- At least 5+ years’ experience building software
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Expertise in compiler development and programming language design
- Expertise in formal specification and verification in interactive theorem provers
- Expertise in C/C++, Python and Assembly
- Expertise in functional and domain-specific languages is a plus
- Strong knowledge of debugging, performance analysis & tuning and testing
- Expertise in linkers, assemblers, ELF object file format, DWARF debug information
- Understanding of modern processor instruction set architectures, including multi-core, multi-thread and vector processing, desirable
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong abstraction and algorithmic skills.
- Role is based in Sydney but occasional travel may be required
Computer Software and Computer & Network Security
** You must be eligible to work in Australia! **