Software Engineer – Sydney
Computer Software and Computer & Network Security
** You must be eligible to work in Australia! **
(keep watching, future job posts will support other locations)
Cog Systems is hiring Software Engineers in Sydney, Australia. We will consider candidates with graduate and intermediate levels of experience.
Cog Systems is a young (stealthy) start-up company. We create, license, and integrate products and technology for building the next generation of connected mobile, IoT, and embedded devices. This is where cyber security matters – in every connected device.
We are looking for world-class engineers with experience and passion for low-level kernel and operating systems development, embedded systems, security, mobile and virtualization technology. If you’re familiar with model checking, formal methods, and system’s security architecture, that’s a big plus too.
Come and be a part of our experienced, dynamic team. As part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to work across a broad range of mobile/embedded software products ranging from development of hypervisors, separation kernels, Linux kernel, Android, multiple OS/RTOSes, new tools, open source, model checking, and formal methods. Be a visionary, drive and deliver next-generation products that deliver on performance, security, and usability.
What’s more, you’ll get to do it from Sydney, Australia. Enjoy a fantastic lifestyle, in a big city close to amazing landscapes and beaches. As we have customers throughout Australia and the world, there is also an opportunity to travel.
Are you excited by an opportunity to join a team to not just work, but to be part of a company creating exciting cyber security, mobile and embedded software products and services? If so, apply now!
Must Have Skills and Experience:
- Completed or currently undertaking a BSc in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus).
- Strong C programming skills (C/C++, ASM, Python, and Java also useful).
- Be able to work in Australia (PR Visa or Aussie Citizen only).
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Fast learner with dedication to effective teamwork in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for developing exciting solutions and solving challenging problems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with virtualization, microkernel, separation kernel, and RTOS technologies.
- Strong background in operating systems internals or device drivers.
- Experience in low-level work, debugging, including comfortable working at assembly level.
- Linux kernel or similar experience.
- IPC & TCP/IP communication.
- Android internals / HAL experience.
- Python, other scripting and general UNIX experience.
- Experience working with large, heterogenous systems.