What we do
We are systems engineers specializing in mobile and the general embedded systems space.
Cog Systems is a developer of unique OS platforms tailored for the specific needs of embedded systems and the internet of things. We have state of the art technologies at our disposal and an excellent engineering with great experience.
We help our customers with problem analysis and design of their products
and our engineers can support your team through with consulting engineering
services or manage your develop your product for you. Our long list of areas
of expertise includes:
bootloaders, device drivers, real-time and RTOS, Linux kernel development, device ports, embedded virtualization and hypervisors, device virtualization, Android and mobile, secure systems, networking and application and tools development.
We specialize building in systems using the OKL4 Microvisor which range from secure mobile phones to automotive infotainment to secure environment platforms for mobile payments.
Every day the internet is becoming more hostile. We at Cog believe that security and high assurance should be universal, and smart devices should be protected and the best solutions shouldn't compromise on performance, flexibility or security. Cog is well positioned to tackle the emerging trust and security challenges of the Internet of Things (IoT) using our advanced embedded virtualization and separation kernel technology. Let Cog help you protect your assets and customers at the network's edge.
What we offer
We are a full-service software company who provide our customers with awesome products, expert advice, support and engineering services.
Our products and services include:
- standalone ARM TrustZone Monitor
- Cog Monitor is a new standards compliant TrustZone monitor supporting Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI), Secure Monitor Call Calling Convention (SMC CC).
- It can be used standalone or it can complement the OKL4 Microvisor running in Secure World, Normal World or both, and enabling for example, secure app isolation and multiple mutually-distrusting TEE environments.
- next generation ARM TrustZone security and isolation
- The OKL4 Microvisor is well suited to running as a separation kernel in ARM's TrustZone environment. Its proven security and robustness properties are a perfect platform for TEE development or even running multiple TEEs virtualized. The Microvisor Lite is perfect when secure memory is scarce and is efficient enough to run from on-chip SRAM.
- The Cog Monitor supports efficient and secure domain switching between secure and normal worlds on ARM TrustZone supported CPUs.
- virtualization and advanced device driver sharing
- Cog specializes in embedded virtualization, an increasingly important area which is enabling software reuse, secure partitioning and componentization; which lower overall cost while increasing flexibility.
- We supply and support the General Dynamics (formerly Open Kernel Labs) ARM Hypervisor – the OKL4 Microvisor and the GD Connect Services communication and driver sharing for best-in-class performance, security and connectivity.
- The OKL4 Microvisor Lite is a special upward compatible variant developed by Cog Systems for small embedded systems including TEEs and payment systems, automotive and IoT. This small footprint separation kernel runs standalone applications and RTOSs while consuming as few resources as possible and providing strong isolation. Virtual MMU support can be optionally enabled to support more complex OSes.
- We can target all low, mid and high-end ARM processors including: ARMv5, ARMv6, ARMv7 with paravirtualization, and ARMv7ve using ARM's virtualization extensions
- secure and high reliability systems design and development
- The OKL4 Microvisor and eChronos RTOS are designed for high levels of assurance and reliability and safety.
- Our experience spans developing secure mobile phone technology to high reliability medical devices.
- system architecture design, analysis and consulting
- Our team has a lot of experience in system level architecture and design. Whether it is a large complex dual-persona mobile phone, or a small but critical system, we can handle it.
- related engineering services and customization
- If you need more than just software licensing and design support, our team of excellent engineers can provide your project development needs.
Our team has deep experience and many years experience in OS design and system security. In fact, our founders designed and developed much of the OKL4 Microvisor, eChronos RTOS and related technologies.
We have a broad base of computing knowledge and particular expertise in the mobile and embedded systems space. We've individually worked with dozens of happy clients, delivering top notch solutions.
We're looking forward to working with you.