What we do
We are secure mobile, Internet of Things, and embedded Operating System specialists!
Cog develops unique OS platforms tailored for the specific needs of security, embedded systems, mobile, automotive and the Internet of Things (IoT). We have state of the art technologies at our disposal and a top notch engineering team with many years of experience.
Our expertise includes:
- secure and robust systems with high assurance
- separation kernels and hypervisors
- operating systems: Linux, RTOS, custom embedded
- secure Android and other application platforms
- advanced device driver virtualization
- networking, device drivers and device porting
- bootloaders and secure boot
- application and tools development
- automotive and mobile OS
- developing with opensource software
Our drive is to assist our customers in developing advanced secure and robust software products. We do this through offering the ability to understand the whole solution, integrate the lastest and most appropriate technologies, and provide consulting services and hand-in-hand support engineering and contracting.
Our products and services
We are a full-service product and services software company, specialising in helping our customers build awesome products, by offering expert advice, the best technologies, support and engineering services.See more details on our products page...
We license sublicense, enhance and support the OKL4 Microvisor separation kernel and hypervisor, and the eChronos RTOS, allowing us to offer a wide range of solutions in secure mobile phones, automotive infotainment and secure connected platforms, as well as ultra reliable systems such as medical devices.
- Cog Secure Our flexible secure OS framework for ARM based systems.
- Cog Secure Mobile Secure single and multi-persona Android phone/tablet platform.
- OKL4 Microvisor High performance and secure separation kernel and embedded hypervisor.
- eChronos RTOS Ultra small and reliable medicial grade RTOS.
- seL4 Microkernel Cog can port and support customers wishing to incorporate the seL4 secure microkernel.
Our services and technoligies include:
- Virtualization with advanced device driver sharing
- Cog specializes in embedded virtualization, an increasingly important area which is enabling software reuse, secure partitioning and componentization; which lower overall cost while increasing flexibility.
- We supply and support the General Dynamics (formerly Open Kernel Labs) ARM hypervisor – the OKL4 Microvisor and the GD Connect Services communication and driver sharing for best-in-class performance, security and connectivity.
- The OKL4 Microvisor Lite is a special upward compatible variant developed by Cog Systems for small embedded systems including TEEs and payment systems, automotive and IoT. This small footprint separation kernel runs standalone applications and RTOSs while consuming as few resources as possible and providing strong isolation. Virtual MMU support can be optionally enabled to support more complex OSes.
- We can target all low, mid and high-end ARM processors including: ARMv5, ARMv6, ARMv7 with paravirtualization; and ARMv7ve, ARMv8 using ARM's virtualization extensions
- Secure and Extensible IoT platforms
Every day the Internet is becoming more hostile. We at Cog believe that security and high assurance should be universal, and smart devices should be protected and the best solutions shouldn't compromise on performance, flexibility or security. Cog is well positioned to tackle the emerging trust and security challenges of the Internet of Things (IoT) using our advanced embedded virtualization and separation kernel technology.
- System architecture design, analysis and consulting
- Our team has a lot of experience in system level architecture and design. Whether it is a large complex dual-persona mobile phone, or a small but critical system, we can handle it.
- Standalone ARM TrustZone Monitor
- Cog Monitor is a new standards compliant TrustZone monitor supporting Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI), Secure Monitor Call Calling Convention (SMC CC).
- It can be used standalone or it can complement the OKL4 Microvisor running in Secure World, Normal World or both, and enabling for example, secure app isolation and multiple mutually-distrusting TEE environments.
- Next generation ARM TrustZone security and isolation
- The OKL4 Microvisor is well suited to running as a separation kernel in ARM's TrustZone environment. Its proven security and robustness properties are a perfect platform for TEE development or even running multiple TEEs virtualized. The Microvisor Lite is perfect when secure memory is scarce and is efficient enough to run from on-chip SRAM.
- The Cog Monitor supports efficient and secure domain switching between secure and normal worlds on ARM TrustZone supported CPUs.
- Secure and high reliability systems design and development
- The OKL4 Microvisor and eChronos RTOS are designed for high levels of assurance and reliability and safety.
- Our experience spans developing secure mobile phone technology to high reliability medical devices.
- Engineering services and customization
- If you need more than just software licensing and design support, our team of excellent engineers can satisfy your project development needs.
Our team has deep experience and many years experience in OS design and system security. In fact, our founders designed and developed much of the OKL4 Microvisor, eChronos RTOS and related technologies.
We have a broad base of computing knowledge and particular expertise in the mobile and embedded systems space. We've individually worked with dozens of happy clients, delivering top notch solutions.
We're looking forward to working with you.