What we do
We are the advanced OS specialists!
Cog develops unique OS platforms tailored for the specific needs of security, embedded systems, mobile, automotive and the IOT - internet of things. We have state of the art technologies at our disposal and an excellent engineering team with years of experience.
Our expertise includes:
- separation kernels and hypervisors
- operating systems, Linux kernel, real-time OS
- Android, X11 and similar user platforms
- networking, device drivers and device porting
- bootloaders and secure boot
- high assurance and secure systems
- application and tools development
- automotive secure infotainment
- advanced driver virtualization
Our drive is to assist our customers in developing advanced secure and robust software products. We do this through consulting services and hand-in-hand support engineering and contracting.
Every day the internet is becoming more hostile. We at Cog believe that security and high assurance should be universal, and smart devices should be protected and the best solutions shouldn't compromise on performance, flexibility or security. Cog is well positioned to tackle the emerging trust and security challenges of the Internet of Things (IoT) using our advanced embedded virtualization and separation kernel technology. Let Cog help you protect your assets and customers at the network's edge.
What we offer
We are a full-service software company who provide our customers with awesome products, expert advice, support and engineering services.
We sublicense, enhance and support the OKL4 Microvisor separation kernel and hypervisor, and the eChronos RTOS, allowing us to build a wide range of solutions from secure mobile phones, automotive infotainment to secure environment platforms for mobile payments and ultra high reliability medical devices. We also can support other related software such as seL4.
Our products and services include:
- virtualization and advanced device driver sharing
- Cog specializes in embedded virtualization, an increasingly important area which is enabling software reuse, secure partitioning and componentization; which lower overall cost while increasing flexibility.
- We supply and support the General Dynamics (formerly Open Kernel Labs) ARM hypervisor – the OKL4 Microvisor and the GD Connect Services communication and driver sharing for best-in-class performance, security and connectivity.
- The OKL4 Microvisor Lite is a special upward compatible variant developed by Cog Systems for small embedded systems including TEEs and payment systems, automotive and IoT. This small footprint separation kernel runs standalone applications and RTOSs while consuming as few resources as possible and providing strong isolation. Virtual MMU support can be optionally enabled to support more complex OSes.
- We can target all low, mid and high-end ARM processors including: ARMv5, ARMv6, ARMv7 with paravirtualization, and ARMv7ve using ARM's virtualization extensions
- standalone ARM TrustZone Monitor
- Cog Monitor is a new standards compliant TrustZone monitor supporting Power State Coordination Interface (PSCI), Secure Monitor Call Calling Convention (SMC CC).
- It can be used standalone or it can complement the OKL4 Microvisor running in Secure World, Normal World or both, and enabling for example, secure app isolation and multiple mutually-distrusting TEE environments.
- next generation ARM TrustZone security and isolation
- The OKL4 Microvisor is well suited to running as a separation kernel in ARM's TrustZone environment. Its proven security and robustness properties are a perfect platform for TEE development or even running multiple TEEs virtualized. The Microvisor Lite is perfect when secure memory is scarce and is efficient enough to run from on-chip SRAM.
- The Cog Monitor supports efficient and secure domain switching between secure and normal worlds on ARM TrustZone supported CPUs.
- secure and high reliability systems design and development
- The OKL4 Microvisor and eChronos RTOS are designed for high levels of assurance and reliability and safety.
- Our experience spans developing secure mobile phone technology to high reliability medical devices.
- system architecture design, analysis and consulting
- Our team has a lot of experience in system level architecture and design. Whether it is a large complex dual-persona mobile phone, or a small but critical system, we can handle it.
- related engineering services and customization
- If you need more than just software licensing and design support, our team of excellent engineers can provide your project development needs.
Our team has deep experience and many years experience in OS design and system security. In fact, our founders designed and developed much of the OKL4 Microvisor, eChronos RTOS and related technologies.
We have a broad base of computing knowledge and particular expertise in the mobile and embedded systems space. We've individually worked with dozens of happy clients, delivering top notch solutions.
We're looking forward to working with you.